Little Jessi came into our rescue a few years ago, and she has recently written to chastise me for omitting her adoption story!  And, so, better late than never....Jessi joined the home of our New Jersey foster mom, Diane Gonzalez, a few years ago, from a local shelter where she had tested positive for heartworm disease.  After a successful treatment, Jessi spent four joy filled months with Diane's family, and became particularly enamored with Diane's son, James, who, indeed, has become an extremely savvy Eskie kid.

Jessi really blossomed in  foster care and was able to enjoy lots of summer activities at Diane's family campground.  Jessi and Diane's dog, Happy, became fast friends, and it seemed for a time that Diane might lose her status as the only Eskies Online foster mom who had never hijacked a dog.  Luckily, perfect adopters came along at just the right time.  When we heard from Lee and Marijke, we sensed right away that these folks would be Jessi's forever home...and we were right.

Recently, Jessi wrote us to give us the skinny.....

October 3, 2008

Dear Denise and Diane,

My name is Jessi and I was adopted 3 years ago by my mommy and daddy through your wonderful website. For some reason, you have forgotten about me. I emailed you a year or so ago, but somehow I didn't make it to the adopted Eskies page and I'm quite hurt to tell you the truth. It was bad enough the thunder and lightening over the last 24 hours, but this made it worse.

My birthday is October 15th since that was the day I was adopted and I'm quite excited. Let me tell you a little about my life since my adoption.

First of all, I have a big brother Kasper who I love to play with. We both bark at all the cars that drive by and the people that walk by. We run and play in our big yard five to ten times per day. I even dug a little hole to lie in when I'm outside sunning myself. There's a big fence, but I can peak my nose through it to see what's going on outside.

Inside, I spend most of my time with Mommy and Daddy when they're home. They do leave me to go to work, so Kasper and I play, bark and sleep all day. We get treats before Daddy leaves though. It makes his leaving less painful. Mommy and Daddy spend a lot of time watching television, so when they do, I spend a lot of time sitting on their laps. I go back and forth from Mommy to Daddy back to Mommy to make sure I get as much attention as possible. Kasper sits beside the sofa though. Not sure why he doesn't jump up for rubbies. But his loss.

When it's bedtime, I run upstairs and lay on Mommy while she tries to watch tv. Then, when she goes to bed, I curl up on Daddy's side waiting for him to get off the computer. When he comes up, he lays with me for quite a while telling me how beautiful I am. He usually does that for 10 minutes or more. We lay together for an hour or so and then I jump down and go exploring. I usually nap downstairs on the sofa for a while then come back up when it's time to wake Daddy up. I jump on the bed and put my face in his. He looks at me, tells me how beautiful I am, gives me a rubbie, then rolls over and goes back to sleep. I'll often jump up to see him 2 or 3 times in the morning and he does the same thing each time. My daddy loves me (as does my mommy).

Anyway, I am very happy in my home and I think Mommy and Daddy are happy to have me here. Attached are some photos of me. I gained 5 pounds since I started living here and my coat has come in beautifully (at least that's what Mommy and Daddy say). Thank you again for rescuing me and thank you especially for finding me a new Mommy and Daddy (and brother).

Love always,

Jessi Alexandra

PS: Daddy wants to say something to you. Here he is:

Denise, thank you again for Jessi. She is truly the love of my life and I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Lee and Marijke